Monday, August 4, 2008

Our Gracepoint Austin Team

I just received calls from Sunny Kim and Sarah Song, some of the founding members of GFC Austin, yesterday. We just sent them off about 3 weeks ago with our blessing to start a church in Austin, Texas, with much tears. I was really happy to hear their voices, and I found myself tearing up thinking about them there. Sarah called to ask about Welcome Team name badges, and Sunny in order to ask me to relay a message to Kelly Kang, our Pastor's wife at Gracepoint Berkeley. They were about to start their very first Sunday service at Austin, and there were a number of kinks and details to work out. I felt so grateful and stirred to think about them, out there in that hot city working tirelessly to spread the good news of the Gospel. I also teared up as I thought about my dear friend and peer, Margaret Chen, whom I knew since our freshmen year (back in 1999! I know, we're old!). They have each become so precious to me and as I see them risking and giving up so much in order to serve God, I want to be faithful here at Berkeley as well! Let's pray for them together!

1 comment:

gracelin said...

awww you're too sweet yumi :) your love for your peer is so sweet and gives me so much hope for my unfeeling peers lol jp but yea definitely we'll pray :)